“A man’s heart plans his ways, but the Lord directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
Dear Beloved Mission Family:
Tomorrow morning thirty-five people will have opportunity to transform vision into reality. Serving as team members, they will labor in the Lord’s vineyards of Haiti for the next week. (Brent and Daryl will both be on this team as servant leaders.)
1. Medical. *500 pounds of medical supplies have already been shipped to the field.*
- Minister within five NHMI church communities to adults and children.
- Examine and treat almost 900 school children within the four NHMI school locations with vitamins and parasite treatments.
- Pilot Projects for water filtration at three school/church locations.
2. Sponsor Care. Collect information and photographs on all NHMI school children. (Christmas sponsor update)
3. Construction Project. Complete roof on church at Milot.
4. Pastoral Seminar. Series of meetings with pastoral staff to fellowship,encourage and teach.
5. Teacher Training. Teaching skills/training program for entire NHMI teaching staff. One day seminar.
6. Special Outreach Projects.
- Distribution of baby/children’s blankets
- Distribution of powdered milk for nursing mothers
- Distribution of prenatal vitamins to new mothers
Prayer Alert. Because northern Haiti has just experienced extremely heavy and constant rains for over 24 hours, flooding, massive destruction to homes and gardens, and mud slides have occurred. As you intercede for the NHMI team, please remember to ask God to use them as His channels of grace in time of need. Thank you for your effective prayers. A wise man once told me, “Please hold onto our hands as we hold onto His. There is too much at stake to let go.”
Eternally Connected in Kingdom Service,
Brent and Diana Baird
Daryl and Vicki Baumann