Mission Schools: Bas Aviation Biley Limonade
Mission School: Milot Learning Centers: Recitation and Memorization
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Reality. Meaningful ministry in a country where 70% of the population is functionally illiterate requires attention be given to education. Note: The enrollment for the school year 2018-2019 was almost 2,000 students in the NHMI school system with a staff of almost 75 Haitian professors and administrators.
Did You Know…
- Only 1 in 5 children have the opportunity to attend primary (elementary) school in Haiti.
- 85% of the grade schools in Haiti are private. 15% are public.
- There is a significant student drop out rate; because, parents can not afford the price of monthly tuition.
- The standard teaching methods in Haiti are based on recitation and memorization.
- Each year students are required to pass standardized government testing.
- For NHMI students, efforts have often been rewarded annually by the overwhelming success rate (average above 90%) in government testing of our graduating children into secondary education. Public school statistics show less than a 25% passing rate.
Goal. Recognizing the Godly value of a stronger spiritual emphasis for the children enrolled in the four New Hope Mission schools, Christian based Creole evangelistic and discipleship materials are incorporated into each school’s curriculum.